Sunday, February 1, 2009

I still have 2 1/2 more months...

With each child I have found that my attitude towards everything gets worse as the number of pregnancies gets higher. Justin made the comment the other day that this was definitely our last. As I pondered on why he would say such a thing I was able to come up with a list very quickly.
1. I only shower if I am going out in public and only if it has been longer than 2 days. However I did go to piano lessons after not having showered for 3 days. I felt a little bad for my teacher.
2. I don't get dressed unless I am going out (and even then I still look a little homeless)
3. Big Macs are not forbidden when I am pregnant. Justin was horrified when I ordered one the other day.
4. Mozzarella sticks count as dinner
5. The blow dryer and straightener are things of the past.
6. My happy pills don't seem to work as well while pregnant.
7. Crumbs on the floor don't always need to be vacuumed up immediately.
8. And finally, my Costco card doesn't work when I am pregnant which means Justin is always going to Costco for me.

I am sure there are more but my brain has forgotten the rest since it is so busy making this baby. However, there a minor miracles that happen too. For instance, Marley got strep this weekend so she couldn't go to church. That meant I got to stay home (in my pjs of course) and not stare at my closet for an hour trying to figure out what to wear. I am a little nervous if I catch strep because it could bring back my rash all over again. But I easily appeased that fear by making a batch of No Bake Cookies (poop as some people call them) and downing about a dozen of them. I am feeling great. Justin even asked, "Who is eating all the cookies?" I blamed it on Macie. Shhhhhhh. And so dear friends and family I have written this post to remind myself, lest I ever forget, that 4 pregnancies is all my marriage can take. And also to remind you to pray for Justin, he needs some extra support...

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Ashley...hahaha. I can't help but picture all of these things you're describing...and I won't lie...the scene is pretty amusing. But truthfully I am glad that you are ok with big macs and a dozen cookies for once. It makes me feel better about my current diet as well. And just look at it this way...less trips to costco is always a money saver. You're almost there! And I'm only a few weeks behind you! Wahoo! You can do it. And good for you for finding the time to blog amidst all of this. I guess it could take the place of showers, right? Love you! Hang in there! And I'll tell Nathan to pray for Justin if you tell Justin to pray for Nate! Haha...

Marianne Thelin said...

Ashley,
I miss you and the kids, I hope to see you today, showered or not! I love your writing style, you have a career there if you ever need to support yourself. Can't wait to meet new baby Thelin, you have a great crew! Call me if you need a calgone moment! I love you!

The Thelins said...

Ha- the croken Costco card. That happens to me too sometimes. Isn't it wonderful how that works out? I know you're not feeling peppy, but just think- Trent is potty trained! You look great (even though I know you're not feeling so hot)! And this could very well be the last time you'll ever have to feel this way! Hooray!

Kristie said...

haha.. that was a very enjoyable post. i was just talking to jerai the other day about when i would realistically start thinking about baby number 2--and decided it was better not to think about that for a long time. i like jake, but i think we can put off siblings for a bit :). sorry you are pregnant, i think pregnancy is the worst. but you are almost there--home stretch! and i will pray for both you and justin. love you! :)

Chelsea said...

I just found your blog when I went to Kristin's for the first time. you are hilarious. I have seen you or been out with you several times and even in PJ's and a hat you are gorgeous! I do, however, know EXACTLY how you feel about 4 pregnancies...glad you posted this so when baby starts walking and only coos (doesn't talk back, fight, or throw tantrums) you don't wonder if you could do it just one more time! :) Great post!

Cooper Family said...

Those reasons are hilarious! I think all of them apply to everyone who is pregnant, I know they applied to me. Hang in there. Just a little ways to go!

Debbie said...

Love you Ashley! You can always make me laugh! :) I'm so glad you're blogging now and I can keep in touch!

I have seen you out in the woods without a shower after 2 days and you are still gorgeous!

MMMMM no bake cookies!

Tiffany said...

Hi Ashley,
I just found you blog and love this post. I is so funny. Pregnancy is a glorious trial huh. I will pray for poor Justin, but more for you as you are the one carrying that little angel.

Chiara said...

hahahaha - Seriously, all I have to say is DITTO!! I about peed my pants reading that post because I feel exactly the same way!! I miss you!!

mle said...

Luv the post Ash-I feel for you lady, hang in there. Also, I am kinda blog stocking you, I didnt know you were a blogger until I looked on Kristins blog. Hope you dont mind.

Emma Crowther said...

Yeah I have so much fun to look forward to. You are so funny Ashley. That was a good laugh. Not long now and you'll be all done with it. I wonder what I'll wear too once I'm father along? Any maternity clothes I have are out of date by now. I wear pj's any chance I get. I am glad I'm not the only one.