Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mischeif is on the rise...

Since our family has spent a lot of time at home these days, I find them getting into more trouble than usual. Take Sunday for example. Justin was at his meetings so I was home alone getting ready for church and I thought all was peaceful on the home front. Then I came downstairs and realized it had become a war zone. Trenton decided to make a potion using my Costco size peppercorns and ground black pepper. He added to the mix a bag of Reese's Pieces and a couple handfuls of jelly beans. Of course the bowl he decided to use was no where near big enough to hold it all. So I had peppered candy all over my pantry floors and counters. Games were dumped out on the floor in the family room (that no one was playing) and goldfish were also scattered around the kitchen floor and table. As I surveyed the scene I saw my two oldest children sitting on the coach watching TV. They decided that TV was much more important than stopping the tornado that was heading through the house. It was time for Church so I left the house in shambles and warned Justin about the catastrophe that awaited us after church. Luckily it was Justin who cleaned it up. Let's face it, in my current state I may have left the peppered candy for a few days...

Marley turned my rolls into Crabby Patties (those are the hamburgers that Spongebob makes) So we all had Crabby Patties with our dinner that night.



Trenton also decided to unroll all my wrapping paper. We now give gifts in bags...

Luckily Macie is older and at school so she doesn't seem to get into the same kind of trouble. However a few years ago, Macie wrote her name really tiny with a pen on one of my walls. Did she not think I would figure out who did it?

Favorite Quotes of the Week:

Marley - "I don't like church. I don't want to go. All we do is learn. School is even worse because you have to read!"

"Mom...can I have this Jewelery box when you die?" (Good to know she is already planning her inheritance)

Trenton - "It is OK sweetheart." (as he gingerly stroked the side of my face.)

Macie - "Hey Mom, you know Wolverine from X-Men? Well we could call him Vulverine...Ha Ha ha!"

Favorite Video of the Week:

Trenton and Marley were blaring the music in the office. I decided to sneak up on them and see what they were doing...



Watch out Zack Efron, Trenton Thelin is on his way!

12 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness. Kids sure do get into trouble dont they?

My Trenton is into everything right now and is so secretive.

Love the dancing on the table, he is a talented little guy.

Kristie said...

o my gosh o my gosh--that whole post just made my day! so many things to comment on... 1. it makes me nervous for jake to get to trenton's age... i already feel like he is ransacking my house as it is! looks like i'm in for it. 2. the crabby patties are hilarious. 3. o man the wrapping paper! i love the triumphant look on his face standing on the mess. 3. the quotes make me so stoked for jake to start talking! 4. i love the sneaking up videos--we used to do that to sydney all the time, she was always doing the weirdest stuff when she was alone.

Debbie said...

You did not disappoint! Great post Ashley! So funny! :)

I love Trenton dancing! Especially since he is up high like he's on a stage!

I'm glad Justin cleaned up the peppered candy and didn't make Trenton "eat" his creation!

fünf said...

So you were serious! You really have been blogging. I am so proud of you! I just love you. Your kids are a riot.

Love the crabby patties. Loved how Marley didn't start dancing until she noticed you were filming. Loved the brawl when she saw T going through her purse. Love imagining you prego and eating all the cookies.

Funny thing is, I have the same habits you listed below and I am not pregnant. Hmmm.

Next family vacay to NYC. No more of this Hawaii business. BOOOORING!

Jerai Moulton said...

I love that you were able to sneak up on your kids and video them while they thought they were alone. Trenton's dancing is hilarious. It is so obvious that he's copying his sisters dancing, it's great! He actually has some good moves and rhythm! i think my favorite are the hip bumps with one hand on his hip! Miss you guys like crazy! Hopefully we'll see you all soon! Love you!

Unknown said...

I agree with Jerai. That was my favorite dance move as well! I LOVED reading this post. Nathan and I were cracking up the entire time. Nathan said..."I can't wait to have kids for that reason!". I'm actually excited for that too (well aside from the tornado's of peppered candy and wrapping paper). Glad you guys are still alive up there! You're almost done being pregnant Ashley! Yay!

Cooper Family said...

We will not be teaching our boys those moves! Very entertaining. We got a good laugh from watching it.

Chelsea said...

HILARIOUS. Vulverine might be the funniest thing ever. So funny! That reminds me (why does it remind me? Not sure...) did you do any of the research you were assigned at Kristin's???? I am anxiously awaiting an email from you!! :)

Marianne Thelin said...

I am so glad I am the grandma:) Trent may be headed to broadway:) He does have great rythm....(not likely inherited from his dad:) Love the post, thanks for making my day!

Thompson Family said...

Hey, cute blog. I just discovered you and will add you to my list! Good luck with your next 2 months!

The Thelins said...

How funny is that little boy! The dancing and the purse and the "sweetheart". Maybe you should have laid off the Propel when you were pregnant :) I never heard about Macie writing her name on the wall. How sneaky!

Afton said...

Oh, I feel your pain. I wish my kids would write their name on our wall though. They scratched theirs into the side of our car. Ethan did it when he was five and then Jonah and Isaac felt left out and added their names last summer.